Without a doubt, the quickest way to improve your dancing is by taking private lessons. Through one-on-one personalized attention, we can work through any steps or concepts you are struggling with, eliminate bad habits, improve your technique, or work on new material. You can allow us to decide what needs most attention or come with a specific set of goals in mind.
Who takes private lessons?
- Beginners who are more comfortable 1:1 or who want to progress rapidly.
- Those with busy schedules who need flexibility in terms of time and place.
- Those with a specific end goal i.e. preparing for a trip to Argentina, or for a wedding dance.
- More experienced dancers taking privates on a regular basis for steady improvement.
- More experienced dancers taking privates on occasion, usually wanting to fix something.
- Those wanting to learn advanced material outside the scope of group classes.
Location and cost
Private lessons are taught in our studio in Cardiff. The cost for a private lesson (for one individual or a couple) is £50 for our students (you must attend our regular group class at least twice a month) or £60 for non-students. To arrange a private lesson at a different location, please contact us.
If you cancel your private lesson less than 24 hours before the appointment, you will be required to pay a £25 (students) or £30 (non-students) cancellation fee.
Teaching will begin at the time when your private lesson is booked. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to put on your shoes and be ready to begin on time. Should you arrive late, it is at our discretion whether or not we will or can make up the time at the end of the lesson.